Make an enquiryTo send a message simply fill out the form below.
Enquiry on Cider House Galleries
Part of one of our two floors of original antique oil paintings
The company originally opened in 1956 as The Kaplan Gallery in St. James’s London dealing mainly in French Post-Impressionist paintings. That Company was bought by the Roberts family in 1976; who already had the highly successful Fine Art warehouse, The Cider House Galleries, in Surrey.
The companies amalgamated under the Cider House Galleries banner with the second generation directorship of Tony & Helen Roberts. Tony is a well-known figure in the International Art World and has advised major collectors and Institutions on paintings, particularly on British paintings.
He is also known for his talent on uncovering fakes and regularly lectures on the subject.
The Company has always been interested in new export markets and in the early 1970’s, one of the first to work in Japan. Today we are proud members of the China Britain Business Council furthering our relationship in that market.
With our spacious converted warehouse 23 miles (30km) south of central London, we are able to keep a very large stock including grand format paintings from 9ft (2.8m) portraits to 10ft (3m) landscapes.
In the past 40 years the Company has been privileged to supply works to the British, Dutch and Saudi Arabian Royal Families as well as notable Museums including the Tate Gallery London; Art Institute Chicago and the Collection of Baron Thyssen.
Most works can be viewed either at our warehouse in Bletchingley or at Timothy Langston Fine Art & Antiques in Pimlico Road, London.
We are close to Junction 6 on the M25 (3 miles) and Redhill Train Station (3miles).